表達分量的的形容詞 +（名詞）+ than
若名詞是可數的，就要用 more 和 fewer。要注意，當比較的事物已經很明確，就可以省略不再提。下面最後一個例句針對此情況示範。
- They have more children than we do.
- We have more customers than they do.
- Tom has fewer books than Jane.
- There are fewer houses in his village than in mine.
- You know more people than I do.
- I have visited the States more times than he has.
- I have three brothers. That's more than you have.（由第一個句子可知，後面要比較的是「brothers」）
若名詞是不可數的，就用 more 或 less。要注意，當比較的事物已經很明確，就可以省略不再提。下面最後一個例句針對此情況示範。
- John eats more food than Peter.
- Jim has less patience than Sam.
- You've heard more news than I have.
- He's had more success than his brother has.
- They've got less water than we have.
- I'm not hungry at all. I've had more than I want.（由第一個句子可知，後面要比較的是「food」）