- Goldilocks went to the Bears' house yesterday.
- I'm going to tidy my room tomorrow.
- I saw Sally today.
- I will call you later.
- I have to leave now.
- I saw that movie last year.
- Later Goldilocks ate some porridge.（時間很重要）
- Goldilocks later ate some porridge.（這種寫法較正式，類似警察做的筆錄）
- Goldilocks ate some porridge later.（中立的寫法，沒有特別強調哪個字）
- She stayed in the Bears' house all day.
- My mother lived in France for a year.
- I have been going to this school since 1996.
在這類副詞片語中，for 的後面一律接一段時間；而 since 後面一律接一個時間點。
- I stayed in Switzerland for three days.
- I am going on vacation for a week.
- I have been riding horses for several years.
- The French monarchy lasted for several centuries.
- I have not seen you since Monday.
- Jim has been working here since 1997.
- There has not been a more exciting discovery since last century.
這類副詞透露某個動作發生的頻率，一般放在主要動詞前，或是助動詞（如 be、have、may、must 等）之後。唯一的例外，就是當主要動詞為 Be 動詞時，副詞才會接在主要動詞後。
- I often eat vegetarian food.
- He never drinks milk.
- You must always fasten your seat belt.
- I am seldom late.
- He rarely lies.
|frequently||I visit France frequently.||I frequently visit France.|
|generally||Generally, I don't like spicy foods.||I generally don't like spicy foods.|
|normally||I listen to classical music normally.||I normally listen to classical music.|
|occasionally||I go to the opera occasionally.||I occasionally go to the opera.|
|often||Often, I jog in the morning.||I often jog in the morning.|
|regularly||I come to this museum regularly.||I regularly come to this museum.|
|sometimes||I get up very early sometimes.||I sometimes get up very early.|
|usually||I enjoy being with children usually.||I usually enjoy being with children.|
- This magazine is published monthly.
- He visits his mother once a week.
- I work five days a week.
- I saw the movie seven times.
yet 用在問句或否定句，放在 not 的後面，則表示某件事尚未發生；而放在問句的句尾，則是詢問某件可能還沒發生、卻期待發生的事。
- Have you finished your work yet? (= 單純詢問資訊)
- No, not yet. (= 單純否定答句)
- They haven't met him yet. (= 單純否定陳述句)
- Haven't you finished yet? (= 表達驚訝)
still 表達的是持續性。在肯定句中，still 會放在主要動詞前，或是 be、have、might、will 等助動詞後。但如果主要動詞是 Be 動詞，則將 still 放在助動詞後。在問句中，still 就要放在主要動詞前。
- She is still waiting for you.
- Jim might still want some.
- Do you still work for the BBC?
- Are you still here?
- I am still hungry.
1: 多久 2: 頻率 3: 何時
- 1 + 2 : I work (1) for five hours (2) every day
- 2 + 3 : The magazine was published (2) weekly (3) last year.
- 1 + 3 : I was abroad (1) for two months (3) last year.
- 1 + 2 + 3 : She worked in a hospital (1) for two days (2) every week (3) last year.