TO GET 可以用在多種句型上，也有許多意思。
TO GET + 直接受詞 = 取得、收到或購買
- I got my passport last week.（取得）
- She got her driving license last week.（取得）
- They got permission to live in Switzerland.（取得）
- I got a letter from my friend in Nigeria.（收到）
- He gets $1,000 a year from his father.（收到）
- She got a new coat from Zappaloni in Rome.（買）
- We got a new television for the sitting room.（買）
TO GET + 地方用詞 = 抵達、到達某地之意
- How are you getting home tonight?
- We got to London around 6 p.m.
- What time will we get there?
- When did you get back from New York?
TO GET + 形容詞 = 成為、表現狀態的改變
- I am getting old.
- It's getting hotter.
- By the time they reached the house they were getting hungry.
- I'm getting tired of all this nonsense.
- My mother's getting old and needs looking after.
- It gets dark very early in the winter.
- Don't touch the stove until is gets cool.
TO GET + 介系詞/副詞 = 具有多種意思的動詞片語
|TO GET +||意思||例句|
|to get at||試著表達||I think I see what you're getting at. I agree.|
|to get away with||逃避為某罪行或惡行受罰||I can't believe you got away with cheating on that test!|
|to get by||應付（金錢上）||Sam doesn't earn much, but we get by.|
|to get down||使...沮喪||This rain is really getting me down.|
|to get off||
|We got off the train just before the bomb exploded.|
|to get on||
1. He got on his bicycle and rode down the street.
2. Amy and I really get on well.
|to get on with||接續||I have so much homework, I'd better get on with it.|
|to get out of||避免做某事，特別是指某個義務||She got out of the washing-up every day, even when it was her turn.|
|to get over||恢復（病後、受驚嚇後）||Have you gotten over your cold yet?|
|to get through||用完某物||We've got through all the sugar. Can you buy some more?|
|to get up||起床||He gets up at 6.00 a.m. every morning.|
|to get up to||做 - 通常是指做壞事||The children are very quiet. I wonder what they're getting up to.|
其他含有 get 的詞語
Do you get it 問的是對方是某有聽懂。
Do you get what the teacher was explaining in class?
He's getting dinner tonight 意指他正在準備晚餐。
You can relax. It's my turn to get dinner tonight.
I'll get the bill 意指我會付錢。
Put your wallet away! I'll get the bill.
That really gets me! 意指某件事讓我生氣。
It really gets me when my sister shows up late.
To get rid of something 意指丟掉。
I'm going to get rid of all these old newspapers.
To get out of bed on the wrong side 意指心情不好。
He got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning and he's been horrible all day.
To get your own back 意指報仇或懲罰某人。
She's getting her own back for all those rude things you said at the party last night.